I went to bed last night with a restless, itchy little man (aka QJ). I woke up this morning to a red, spotted monster!!

What the heck...?!?!



So I ran to the phone, called MVP (I happen to know the number by heart with 3 kids and all) and scheduled an appointment for 10:10. I grabbed the monster's hand, ready to change his diaper and...

What the heck...?!?!?

He disappeared...and in his place QJ stood looking up at me.

What the heck...?!?!

So I ran to the phone, canceled the appointment and went about my day.

We had breakfast, played with our friends, had snack, played outside, had lunch and took a nice long nap (QJ, not me...). Life was good..

Two hours later, a little warm body comes sneaking up on me and I turn to pick him up and...

What the heck...?!?!

The red, spotty monster was BACK!!

Ok, I'm confused...

So I ran to the phone (can you tell I got my workout in today just by running to the phone?!?!) and called MVP and scheduled yet another appointment for 3:45. I grab the monsters hand, change his diaper and send him off with Jay.

An hour later, Jay and QJ finally came home, that's right...no red, spotted monster in sight.

What the heck, you ask?!!? Well...its...

H.I.V.E.S...yes...hives! None of my children have EVER been allergic to anything before...I didn't know how to handle this sudden attack. Do I bust out the What To Expect the First Year? Me? Never. I dose up the Benadryl. Good night buddy...love you...spots and all.

But the question remains, what the heck...{?!?!?} did we have between last night and this afternoon that caused it?!?!

Blueberries? Nope, he eats those almost daily.
Strawberries? Nope, see answer above.
Bread? Nope, see answer above.
Cheese? Nope, see answer above.
hmmm....
Juice? Ahhh...I think I got something here...

Last night I experimented and made a new frozen juice that we were trying for the first time. He drank it with dinner and with lunch...

AAH HHAAAA!!

He's allergic to....

GUAVA!!

Go figure! Poor guy!!